Tuesday, November 30, 2010

running partner



For the past ten weeks or so, this is often what I see in front of me.

My running partner.

And dirt trail. 

I'm getting nervous. This marathon is in less than three days.

Despite the physical and mental challenge training for this brought, it's been really rewarding to watch my body and mind adapt to mileage increases week by week.

13, 16, 18, 20... 

Walking to the start line Saturday I'll have a few twenty milers under my belt.

But I'm not gunna lie.

Some consisted of teary, minor breakdowns.

My biggest fear has been that I won't finish. 

Or that I won't finish strong.

When I once confessed this out loud, my running partner assured me that if I did in fact finish strong, I hadn't tried hard enough.

Then he'd patiently wait for my emotions to pass, ready to continue on. 

...

Thanks for your help Franky. 

Though on Saturday you'll be miles ahead, I'll be pushing from behind, trying my best to leave it all out on the trail... 


No comments:

Post a Comment