Friday, January 28, 2011

eco-conscious habits: identifying, implementing and increasing daily acts of sustainability

here's to steps, big and small

It's possible you all are wondering how this is going to work out.

In all honesty, I'm wondering too.

But I’ve come to a simple resolution that I’m pretty confident will help make these challenges a reality: start small. 

The goal here is not necessarily to uproot my entire life and disrupt the daily routine by making a million behavioral changes in the name of going green.

Rather, the primary focus is to choose one eco-conscious habit I would like to adopt and take adopting it one step at a time.

I’ll identify a challenge on the blog and try to best explain why the issues surrounding it are so important – to me, to you and to our future existence. I’ll candidly explore what about my mindset or actions or previously held beliefs have prevented me from embracing the desired behavior thus far.  

Then, I’ll strategize ways to remove or work around the mental and physical obstacles which have plagued me in the past. 

Next, I’ll implement them; the strategies. Do one thing, each day toward making the ideal habit a more full-fledged part of me.

Once I feel I have an alright handle on things, once I’ve had a taste of success and have repeated those success-inducing-actions repeatedly… I’ll identify the next challenge, incorporating it in with the others.    

Manageability is the key. I want to avoid become so overwhelmed I give up before I even begin; there’s A LOT to be done.

So here’s to taking those first small steps… toward all goals. Whatever they may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment