Friday, November 5, 2010

matter over mind


Wednesday.

9 miles on a relatively flat road.

Main goal was to conserve nothing.

Expend everything.

Well, almost everything. Right up until the point where I felt I would hurl. Regurgitate breakfast. And then pull back. (I really. Really. Hate. Barfing.)

And it went well.

Completed the run, relatively quickly (for me anyway) with my insides still, well, inside.

Thursday.

5 miles in the hills.

A few of those miles being sharp inclines.

Goal was to conserve energy and finish the route strong.

. And it was bloody hot.

The only thing about these warm, dry winds that doesn’t absolutely suck is the clear view out to the Pacific.

Finished two thirds of the course I’d planned.

Not necessarily because of the heat.

But because of the lactic acid filled to my hips from the run the day before.

Each teeny, tiny step burned.

In the end, I conserved nothing and felt I hadn’t had much to expend.

Friday.

6 to 7 pretty slow miles on rolling hills and the legs didn’t burn so bad.

Must push myself to do 18 this weekend.

Mind over matter this time.  

Or I’m in for a world of pain come December 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment