Wednesday, November 3, 2010

it's official!

With a half-marathon and the longest run of 16 miles under my belt I’ve finally faced my fears of failure and/or death by registering for The 2010 North Face Endurance Challenge!

This will be my first full marathon attempt.

With a single goal:

To finish. Alive.  

So… you know those Terms and Conditions clauses we often agree to without reading fully?

Yeah, well, I read this one:

I understand that running can be a dangerous sport.  I am voluntarily participating in the Events with knowledge of the dangers involved, including without limitation, the risks of death, disability, injury, loss, damages, the unavailability of medical care, or the negligence or deliberate act of another person and I agree to accept any and all risks of injury, damage or death. 

Sounds dramatic, but I suppose the precautions are necessary.

The risks are real.

But instead of hitting the back button I let a single thought pass through my mind:

What’s life worth living when we decide to play it safe?

Then hit ‘accept.’

My next month will be jam packed with runs and workouts to help decrease my chances of a premature death…

Oh and fundraising to support conservation of California's natural lands and waters.

It’d be nice to see you back here for updates and conversations on training, conservation and a whole lot more.

Take a look around the blog! There are a few ways you can support this endeavor which would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Read about the event here.

Find out more about this personal challenge here.

Support California conservation efforts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment